1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Outside Temp Sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ovni, Nov 5, 2006.

1. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I get no reading on my outside temp. it just shows two little lines -- but the A/C works perfectly fine. When I wash the car. The outside temp sensor starts working but it shows -22 degrees F. Even if I set my A/C to Max cold, the temp is not cold at all. I also get a snow flake light on my dash.
    After about 30 minutes the outside temp sensor goes back to -- and the snow flake light goes out. My A/C starts working fine again

Does the outside temp sensor have anything to do with the A/C?

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ovni @ Nov 5 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]344292[/snapback]</div>
    No.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Get someone to look at that. It is not normal! I believe that the "fuzzy logic" of the climat control takes that into consideration.

4. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What makes the snow flake light come on?

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ovni @ Nov 5 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]344333[/snapback]</div>
    When the sensor senses that it's 37°F/3°C or below

6. NCPriusGrl

NCPriusGrl New Member

Your car should always register outside temp, no matter if you have heat on or off. It sounds like your sensor is broken. The sensor is the little ball looking thing on the very front of your dashboard on the drivers side (I believe).

I also tend to find the snowflake to be very annoying and it distracts me when it comes on. I want to disable that little bad boy.

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I would think it only vaguely has something to do with the A/C... When it's extremely cold out and you tell it to cool the cabin, it *thinks* it only needs to pass in the outside air - the same would be true when it's hot out and you want heat.