1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Outside Temperature Readout Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusblue, Jan 20, 2006.

1. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Question - last night as I was driving home the outside temperature display had been reading about 46, as I drove along with the consumption screen up (stage II, yes), the display "curtain" that comes down from the top when you change inside temp settings or audio modes displayed: "Outide temperature 37". I think I had just gone down in a valley. Has anyone else noticed this display when there is a sudden, significant temperature shift? Just curious. Thought it was odd.

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think the curtain comes down when you get close to freezing condition. In the 05 it would also light up the idiot light on the dash. I was test driving the 05 prius in around 40F weather and got that curtain warning several times.

So I don't think it was directly related to temp drop but more that it registered a temp of 37F that caused it.

It's not a bad warning if you think the outside temp is 46 but in the valleys it's almost freezing. Could bring on some slippery conditions.

3. priusblue

priusblue New Member

That makes sense that it's the proximity to the freezing pt, and not the large delta. Thanks!