1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

over 2 1/2 years and still amazing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by David Beale, Jan 26, 2010.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Thought it was time for a positive thread.

This morning (-16C, lots of snow) I drove Pearl over to the mall so I could "mall walk" and on the way back, while putting her back into the garage, noticed just how easily and quietly she started and stopped the engine (several times as I pulled up, opened the door and moved her into the garage). Each time she stopped the engine at the right position without retrying, and when called for, started it instantly without any delay. Amazing. After 2 1/2 years and over 40,000 km with no tuneups.

My -only- compliant is the coolant transfer pump, which is squealing, loudly enough to be embarrassing, though -others- don't seem to notice. Wish Toyota would replace it under warranty!

Other than that I love this computer system/car!

2. danl

danl New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    That's good to hear. Mines just past her first bday with 15,000 miles. No complaints so far except for a little big of dash rattle which I can't seem to locate.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, for the US models, they issued a TSB and will cover replacement for 5yr / 60k miles. They should do the same for Canadian cars - maybe a call to Toyota Customer Care (or your equivalent).

I am rolling up to 3 yrs and 35k miles soon with only two issues ever: bad rear alignment when I initially got the car (fixed at 8k) and the coolant transfer pump noise (which I haven't bothered to get fixed). I monitor coolant temp using the Scangauge, and the pump is still working fine, it just makes the noise when the outside temps are cold.