1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Overide NAV lockout when in motion

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by CCHybrid, Jul 20, 2009.

1. CCHybrid

CCHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have seen the threads for previous model years about Coastal Lockpick and putting a switch on the speed wire. Has anyone come up with a solution for the 2010 Prius? Coastal's website does not seem to have been updated for the Prius in quite some time.

Not being able to utilize the system while moving is a big detriment in my eyes. I understand the need for a warning screen for liability, but numerous other manufactures have not chosen to "lock out" the system (One being Honda) and we find that quite useful. If I have a passenger to enter information we ought to be able do so without pulling over.

Also, since people on this board seem to have a great relationship with Toyota, any explanation as to why they choose to lock it out, versus a liability warning/disclaimer? I would love to see this "feature" changed.

FYI, I haven't purchased yet, still in final negotiations over here on the West Coast of Florida.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V