1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Override available to be able to dial while driving?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wired, Sep 29, 2007.

1. wired

wired wired

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is there any way to be able to dial from the dash keypad while driving. I use the one touch dial where I have my frequently dialed #s, but I also have a lot of #s that I do not call frequently that I dont have stored. Is there an overide to be able to dial while driving?
    If no known override, will a bluetooth headset work if the phone is also synched to the car?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're willing to cut the speed sensor wire and add a switch it's a pretty easy mod. Requires removal of the vent cover to the right of the MFD, cutting one wire, tapping in a switch and that's it.

Do a search (use google) for speed sensor defeat prius and you'll find some info.
    edit: Here's the Thread you want: http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=456#
    [​IMG]

3. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wired @ Sep 29 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]519274[/snapback]</div>
    You can only pair one device at a time with the phone. So if you've paired your phone with the Prius, you couldn't also pair it with a head set at the same time.

The Prius has the option to dial by number via voice command, so if you know the number of the person you're calling you could try that. I use it all the time and, at least in my case, the voice recognition works over 90% of the time.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tsaxman28 @ Sep 30 2007, 07:08 AM) [snapback]519371[/snapback]</div>
    The OP's profile shows that he has an '05 which does not have the dial by voice feature....

5. teyde

teyde New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tsaxman28 @ Sep 30 2007, 02:08 PM) [snapback]519371[/snapback]</div>
    He wants to dial numbers not stored on the phone. The voice command wouldn't help in this case, would it?

6. popgadget

popgadget Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Coastal ETech's lockpick enables all of the phone and nav features while moving.
    There are many posts about it. There have been many posts about their service as well.
    I can only say that I placed an order on Tuesday, received my lockpick 3+ on Thursday,
    and had it installed and working as advertised in a a half hour.