1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

overseas settings?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by drewsdaddy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. drewsdaddy

drewsdaddy New Member

I have heard that the exact car that I just bought 7/31/07 sells for overseas and by just changing the settings to high mileage that I can hit 70+ MPG. I have put about 2400 miles on my car since then and I'm averaging around 50 MPG, but if I can buy a $300 programmer like you can with most cars and change the settings to high MPG instead of the factory defaults, then why wouldn't I?

I know that for most cars after they are out for a year or so one can buy a machine at Autozone or O'Reily's or somewhere and set the car's main computer to one of a few factory presets. Usually these are high mileage, more power, or factory presets (what your car starts out with). If anyone knows of where to buy the machine to change these settings I'd love to hear about it. Since my car has only 2400 miles and I have a factory warranty for 100k miles or 7 years I don't want to void the waranty, but I'd love to get some better mileage!

All hail Toyota for putting out something so far and away better than anything the domestic companies have put together.

Does it bother anyone that the domestic companies got over a $Billion of free money to develop this technology and still the best (far and away) hybrid car comes from Japan?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
    Drew's Dad

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If a 300$ difference can increase milage by 50% then toyota would already do it.

Remember, the prius is marketed for high mileage, not for power. If you want power, u can go buy a hummer :p (joke)