1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Overview of Prius Multimedia System

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Attached is a quick overview of the 2010 Prius Multimedia System. Here are a few of the highlights:
    • All models come satellite-compatible (XM). The JBL upgrade provides the integrated tuner as well.
    • Bluetooth streaming from your compatible device to the headunit. You can even stream Internet radio if you want.
    • Improved POI searching in the Navigation system. You no longer have to spell things exactly right. Intuitive searching by name allows Wal-Mart, WalMart, In-N-Out, In and Out, etc.
    • Other features now found in the Prius navigation that have been available in 3rd party navigation systems for years:
      • Street name readout will say name of street during voice guidance directions
      • Automatically completes entry when typing words
      • Entering a company name results in a local search based on current position
    • Based on this document, the Navigation system is still locked out while the car is in motion, however, users will now have the ability to select from four (4) previous destinations or five (5) call history entries while in motion.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    File isn't showing up on the News page, so I'm attaching it here for now.

Attached Files:

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Niice upgrades.

The Intuitive Search and the Direction of POI relative to current position will ease the operation of the navigation system greatly. That's one pet peeve I have against some navigation systems. They don't tell me whether the POI is behind me or not unless I search for something on route (which means I need to be in guidance mode).

Edit: Was the French/Spanish voice recognition added for the Gen 5? I thought it was still English but it can display the on-screen stuff in Spanish/French.