1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Own a 2007-2009 Prius? I Need a Favor Please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bps, Mar 15, 2010.

1. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you own a 2007-2009 Prius, I need a small favor please. I am getting ready to purchase a laptop stand from Ram Mount for my 2006 Prius. They make a custom base plate for the 2007-2009 Prius that fits in the existing seat bolts, but the 2006 Prius is classified in the "all others" category and requires 3 aluminum rods that require you to bend and secure yourself. (one of them requires drilling a hole in the car, which I prefer to avoid)

I thought the 2006 and 2007 Prius were pretty much the same, but according to RAM Mount's website, one would assume the area in and around the passenger-side seat bolts changed. The picture below is from my 2006 Prius. Can someone with a 2007-2009 Prius look closely at their passenger side seat bolts and see if you can discern a difference? Even easier, if someone could take a similar picture of their 2007-2009 Prius and post it here, or email it to me, then I can do the leg-work on the comparison. If you want to email me the pic, just shoot me a PM and I will give you my email address.

To better visualize what I'm looking for, the RAM Mount can be viewed by clicking here.

I really appreciate the help!
    Bryan

[​IMG]

2. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here is a pic of a 2009.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here is a pic of a 2009. I hope this helps. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  4. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    snead,

Thank you! I just placed the two pics side by side and everything appears to be the same. This gives me enough confidence to order the RAM Mount to see how it fits. I really appreciate the help you've given me. It's just another example of how great Prius Chat is.

I'll be sure to post the outcome once I try to install the base plate. I'll also post another thread with pics once I've finished installing everything I'm setting out to do. (it's going to be pretty cool)

Thanks again!
    Bryan

5. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't believe you are gonna beat me on this mod.??
    Geez, I've been somewhat wanting this mod for my laptop for over a year, but was afraid to buy anything due to fit issues.

My laptop doesn't balance too well on the center console.

Please shoot us some pics when it gets installed.

Sincerely,

ZC1

6. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ah wardriving with Net Stumbler. Fun.

7. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    LOL. Nope, no wardriving here. Just an avid storm chaser.

I used to use a '97 Ford Explorer, but she was on her last legs so I traded her in last summer with Cash for Clunkers and picked up a Pearl 2010 Prius. So, by default, the 2006 became my "sacrificial" Prius and is now becoming my primary chase vehicle. (sacrificial, because it will probably end up with some hail damage eventually)

I'm outfitting it with some fun toys and am working desperately to get everything up and running before the season begins in earnest in mid-April (+/-).

Compared to the Ford Explorer, I will probably save around $2,200 to $2,500 this year alone. (I will probably drive 20,000 miles over the course of 75 days)

Bryan