1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owned new 2009, 2010, and 2015... 2021 next

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by sell2live, Nov 21, 2020.

1. sell2live

sell2live Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Everyone, I just privately sold my 2015 (third Prius)... I am in sales and have saved a small fortune in gas.... Anyway, my 2015 was awesome, and I liked the look so much better than the latest model... Tonight, my wife and I stopped by the Toyota dealership to check out the new 2021..... We live in a condo development and a plug in is NOT an option.. I will have to go with a regular Prius.... Any advice anyone can give me would really be appreciated....Is SEAT MEMORY available in any packages in a 2021?... I live in NJ, and I always buy tmloaded, top, package cars... I love heads up display, latest safety and tech, convenience, etc..... Thank you for your comments and advice in advance

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fact Check: FALSE!

Even though you (like many) live in an area where it's more difficult to plug-n-play - that does NOT mean that you have to walk away from the govermint cheese that they offer for buying PHEVs.....especially in a worker's paradise state.

In addition to being able to charge your car in places like the Food Whole, some states allow wealthier people to flout the "HO" in HOV lanes by paying more for plug-in cars....AND...your car will be worth more when you sell it in 5 years or so for the next car (only chumps 'trade their cars in at the dealership!!)

Also...on an option-for-option basis, you generally get more in a plug-in.
    There are a lot of reasons for this ($$) and even though it generally unwise to spend money on an up-optioned car (yesterday's technology at tomorrow's price!!) people who work out of their cars (excluding gig jobs) will probably realize real-world value out of the extra baubles.

Seriously......you need to think this over some more and run some numbers.

Sometimes......if you live in.......ah......"certain" states, then the kickbacks for eco-chic cars can actually make financial sense, which is sorta the whole point.........even if you never actually plug it in.
    Think of the extra battery capacity as a bigger spit can to put all of the energy that you're generating while braking and decelerating.

GOOD LUCK!

bluespruce likes this.
  3. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Our family had a regular 2015 Prius which we loved and we gave to a younger family member. After checking out both the 2020 Prius and Prius Prime we went with the Prime. It drove better and was far less expensive with both Toyota and Government incentives. I think if you check it out you will see the prime is hard to turn down.

4. sell2live

sell2live Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you ETC (SS) for your advice.... I am definitely going to consider the Plug in Prime.
    Best wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season :)

bluespruce likes this.
  5. sell2live

sell2live Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    .... and thank you also Bluespruce.... Appreciate your help!

bluespruce likes this.
  6. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ....And to you and yours as well!

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Wait for 5th gen?

8. sell2live

sell2live Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This could be an option also... When is the 5th Gen expected in the US showrooms?

9. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They're there now.

Ask for a Corolla Hybrid......