1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owner Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by el Crucero, Jun 7, 2018.

1. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Despite Tesla's problems with the initial builds on the model 3 (now corrected), the company still ranks #1 in owner satisfaction. We do hear and read about the horror stories some model 3 owners have experienced, but these are the exception and some of these may be fictitious. There are enough people who are satisfied with their Tesla to keep them in the first spot.

Unfortunately, Toyota has slipped 3 spots from #5 to #8 in owner satisfaction. My Prius has been an excellent car for me other than the unacceptable traction battery degradation and Toyota's refusal to stand behind their product. Sad. Time for a change in top level management.

Customer Satisfaction

Andyprius1 likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i thought they just changed?:eek: but suppose the bottom line will dictate more than customer satisfaction surveys.

hill's pic of the service waiting line wasn't pretty either, but that maybe the lack of mechanics or service stations.
    umbrella's without rain?(n)

3. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't see how declining sales helps the bottom line.

What pic was that?

4. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    declining overall sales might not, but declining prius sales are probably a drop in the bucket. i'll check for that pic, must be in the other tesla thread.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    found it, post #9 in the thread 'i-pace reviews are coming out'.

7. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tesla is king of the automotive world, Toyota has lost, they should retreat and copy Tesla business ways, as Tesla seems to be doing everything so much better! Ugh!!

bisco likes this.
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Some recent reviews...

Original review: May 9, 2018

My Tesla accelerated while parking and hit a handicap pole. Tesla would not release the black box which contains pertinent information to me nor to the insurance company. My Tesla is still at Amatos, its authorized body shop. This is going to be 4th months in the shop, still waiting for parts. My impression with Tesla is once the buyer takes possession of the car the company would not do anything to help!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I placed a $1,000 deposit on a Tesla Model 3 in 2017. In February of 2018, I cancelled the deposit online. When I received nothing, I emailed Tesla and have traded emails for the last month. The agent is sympathetic, says it will take a while, but still no refund after a month.

This one sounds like a PayPal complaint;)

Original review: March 30, 2018

We were offered a .99% interest rate and a price reduction of $16,800 off of a vehicle in inventory. So we agreed to it with $30,000 down and were ready to sign. What a deal, right? NO! NOT SO MUCH! After choosing an SUV and putting down $2,500 to secure our Model X P100D we were informed that even with a credit score of 740 and the $30,000 down the company didn’t want to agree to what we had previously decided. They came back with an interest rate of .99% but decided they wanted $60,000 down and were waiving our tax return requirements.
    Also, taxes and registration would need to be paid additionally instead of being included. We wouldn’t agree to those terms because that’s not what we were told initially. In an attempt to complete a sale multiple financial institutions were distributed our information with no success. So after speaking with the manager we were told we couldn’t get our $2,500 back due to “company policy”. Now not only are we not a Tesla owner but our credit score is down by 50 points from multiple inquiries and we are out $2,500. WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD TRYING TO PURCHASE AN AUTOMOBILE!

9. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    A fairly common fallacy.
    Nobody said that, and I don’t believe anyone has suggested that.
    Tesla IS doing a better job in some areas. They are most certainly are not in others.

In the realm of moving the world towards EVs they are doing much better. But yes, they are a very young car company that is still growing very quickly.
    We shall have to see how long other companies let Tesla continue to grow.

Trollbait and el Crucero like this.
  10. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    No, Tesla is shaking up the automotive world, grabbing market share, and advancing technology
    No, Toyota should re-group and innovate. Toyota has become stagnant.
    No, Tesla is doing most things well, but some things need big improvements.

Toyota truck and SUV sales are up, but their sedan sales are down. Overall, their total sales (including Lexus) are down. Toyota is going to be in an even greater world of hurt when Tesla introduces the Model Y CUV next year, unless Toyota starts to innovate immediately. UGH. [​IMG]

#10 el Crucero, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Zythryn likes this.
  11. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Okay, got it. Do you really want to talk about "disservice" at a Toyota stealership? Fair enough, let's get it on.

I took my Prius to the Redlands, Ca, Toyota stealership about 2 years ago for an oil change only. I drove up to the service line, there were 10 cars ahead of me. No problem, I'm patient. After 20 minutes no one had approached me. I walked up to the window and was told, someone will be right with you. wait at your car. Another 20 minutes goes by and I walk up to the window again and was told the same thing. After 45 minutes of waiting, I drove away. Toyota didn't even have umbrellas out in the 95F weather. I drove down to the Ford stealership where I used to have my Escape hybrid serviced. I was in and out of service write-up in 5 minutes and for half the price Toyota wanted for an oil change. I've been taking my prius to Ford to have it serviced ever since and I am 100% satisfied.

Toyota service sucks! I'll take Tesla service any day and I get a free loaner to boot!

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yeah, i only go to the dealer for warranty work. i had a taurus, they were just as bad, if not worse.
    but i can make an appointment, that generally works pretty well.

13. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Not satisfied right now. Got a 3rd party body shop to repaint the problem areas that I highlighted previously after a paint chip was discovered (my detailer/wrapper felt the paint job completed by Service King after 2 attempts was still too subpar to complete the Xpel wrap application I had intended upon pickup last month). It's been over 1-1/2 months since "delivery," and I've only driven the car for 10 miles (I hated the regenerative braking, but maybe that's something I'll become accustomed to in time). Still another week to go with the new body shop (as preferred by the detailer who does fantastic work, so I'm relying upon his judgment here to a large extent) and without transport since this third party (Tesla-approved) is completing the work. Then, if the paint work is up to par, it will be another week or 2 to get the wrap and ceramic coating applied so I can finally take it home. Maybe I'll have it by the upcoming holiday.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    at least it has been reliable.

15. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Outrageous, hope you get better treatment. seeing a lawyer?

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    u/a? sounds like toyota.:eek:

17. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    lol, I will not go that far until it makes the 2-hour trek home at a minimum. ;)

bisco likes this.
  18. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Really sorry to hear this Vinnie.
    Hope the paint shop can remedy that for you.

I love the regenerative breaking, but it did take a little time to get used to. You can turn it down to almost nothing in the settings.
    However, doing so will shorten your range. How much depends upon your driving patterns.

19. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Now that Tesla has been able to build 5,000 cars a week, they need to focus on quality. The reports of issues on new cars is scary!

20. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Every company always has room for improvement.
    The reports are overblown in terms of the impression they have given you.
    Tesla has been improving quality and other improvements since the first day a Model 3 hit the road.
    The Model 3 currently has a lower rate of repairs than either the S or X.

But bringing this around to the topic of the thread, Tesla has had the highest customer satisfaction numbers out there for years. I am betting that continues :)