1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by texasboy77904, Oct 7, 2012.

1. texasboy77904

texasboy77904 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Stoked! Paid in full last week! The bank only got me on the first and only finance charge at 3.9% before paying off the Prius last week. Dave ramsey kine :)

slcMPG and spiderman like this.
  2. Pasaman

Pasaman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    So you took out a loan for one month?

3. texasboy77904

texasboy77904 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    haha yup. Takes a bit to transfer funds and didnt want to miss the sale (not to mention it was the only prius with the mileage, color, and price i was looking for.)

I never finance ;)

Jonny Zero likes this.
  4. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Good job. Me neither. Now if the federal gov't would get on board with this idea...

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Not having a car payment is a liberating feeling!

I suppose the instant gratification we enjoy in this society encourages us to buy now and pay more later rather than save now and buy later.

Odd that you needed the loan. If you can prove funds, some dealers don't even make you finance prior. I did the same thing when buying my 2010 - I traded in the 2001 Prius (Sales-tax offset in AZ, so the little bit I didn't make selling it privately was saved on taxes for the new car), wrote them a check for the difference, and asked them to hold it for a week or so while funds transferred. They didn't even care to see my finances (though I brought a copy of them) before agreeing to the terms. Not sure if that's typical, or because this particular deal was given greater attention - being Prius Priority (early 2009 opportunity for some PriusChat and other online folks to get the 2010 at a good price).

Had that not been a choice, I imagine taking out a reasonable loan would have worked too w/ paying off after the first month.