1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owners in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by CCoombs, Jun 21, 2012.

1. CCoombs

CCoombs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking about getting a Prius. I haven't done a test-drive yet, but I am hoping to get some feedback from Colorado owners (noteably the Colorado Springs area) on how they feel their cars handle all the hills, etc. Do they climb hills decently? I'm not expecting to scream up a hill like a rocket, but I don't want to feel like I might need to get out and push the car too. Also, with the city as spread out as it is, do you feel you get reasonable mpgs?

I don't do a TON of driving, although I do drive to and from work 5 days a week over a fairly short distance (can get to work in 7+ minutes depending on traffic lol). I've read that you need to drive the car longer to get the "best" mpgs, but would it be a significant drop in overal mpgs for the Prius?

I am also looking at the Honda Insight and a friend said to consider the Hyundai Elantra as well. I feel more "pulled" towards the Prius since it is a hybrid (trying to be somewhat eco-thoughtful), so the overall performance in my local conditions is what will make or break the deal for me.

Thanks for any feedback!