1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owner's Manual

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tessar, Dec 9, 2005.

?
  1. 0-24%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 25-49%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50-74%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 75-100%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tessar

tessar Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Prius is a technological marvel. Becoming a proficient user requires some reading. Some of the human-vehicle interfaces are unlike those of most of our previous cars. Are you the type to learn by trial and error, or did you pore over every page of the manuals from cover to cover, or something in between?

2. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Well, I do not own my '06 Prius yet... However, I can assure I am a reader. I'm like a sponge and absorb every morsel of information I can find on a new 'toy'. The internet has caused a bit of a problem for me in that there is TOO MUCH information out there nowadays for me to absorb it all. Takes way too much time to research anything anymore. It is both FABULOUS and overwhelming. LOL

I'll be reading the manual as long as it is written in English that is understandable. Last thing we purchased that came with a manual was technically written in English, but it may as well have been written in GREEK! I had to actually sit down and watch the bloody video over and over again in order to work that serger (overlock sewing machine). Even had to get DH to move a table into the living room, so that I could play with the machine while watching the video. Ugh. I am typically mechanically inclined and pick up on these things quickly. I sew for a living and was definitely NOT expecting a serger to kick my butt like that. LOL

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From cover to cover, but I'm in the minority. I've know people that didn't know they had intermittent wipers or how to fully use the A/C features. It's a shame. I'd say most folks hardly read it at all. Especially these days with all the ridiculos cautions and warnings for those who lack all common sense.

4. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If it's anything like the '05 manual, it's more like Japanglish. :blink: Lots of Yellow warnings.

6. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

I didn't find it difficult to read. The yellow warnings are there to point out things that they think are particularly important, I don't have a problem with that either. On the other hand, I seldom read an owner's manual from cover to cover. I read enough so that I understand the car and how to use it. When issues come up later, I'll look them up. Pretty normal way to use a manual.

I'd like to see it online, though, so it would be easier to search for particular issues.

-Roger