1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owners of dieselgate vehicles

Discussion in 'Diesels' started by bisco, Mar 25, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    honestly, if the gov hadn't minded, the owners could give a hoot.

2. Vike

Vike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Really? I thought the marketing message of the TDI was that it delivered great performance and fuel economy with low environmental impact and lower cost than hybrid systems. Surely at least some buyers expected that whole package and are irritated to find that they're killing more daisies than they thought. Painting them all as selfish jerks seems a bit harsh.

fuzzy1 and Jon Senum like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    okay, there might be one or two.:p

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Head over to Fred's TDI forum and you'll see they are of mixed views. If I remember their survey, ~20% are pissed and the others fall into different camps.

Personally, I suspect offering a new car swap for their cheat TDIs would lead to nearly 100% compliance. Heck, it would increase the value of the cheat diesels to be functionally the list price of a new VW. Problem solved.

UPDATE:
    TDIClub Forums - View Single Post - VW dealers to revolt against VW

It's a shame the brand has fallen to this low level. Even my neighbors who are not "car people" have expressed to me their reluctance to even consider any VW, even after watching the new round of TV commercials.

I was at our "new" VW dealer Saturday (built the facility last year) looking over the "sea of Jetta S's" in inventory wondering why they are not selling when the sales manager (who I know personally) came over to me and said it's getting bad here.

When we walked back into the showroom, I noticed only one young couple looking at a Beetle and the rest of the floor was empty. Four sales staff, the finance manager, and a receptionist were sitting at there desks twiddling their thumbs. AND THIS WAS A SUNNY SATURDAY IN A WELL-TO-DO TOWN!

Bob Wilson

#4 bwilson4web, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    okay, i didn't start this thread. someone was talking about publicity in another thread, i said there's no such thing as bad pub, bike asked about diesel gate, and now, here we are.:confused::p

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Curious as it looks like the first posting is yours but that is not the reason for my reply. I noticed the original 'dieselgate' thread was moved to "Environment" forum. It still makes no sense but perhaps less bad than banning it to Freds House of Politics.

But back to the original question, I spent a few more minutes in the TDI forum:
    • Some recognize VW dealership and sales have crashed.
    • Some recognize repairs are getting expensive.
    • Some want to piss-on the EPA.
    It is harder to be a TDI fan if the dealership closes or changes to a different make of car to feed their families.

Bob Wilson

7. seftonm

seftonm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have talked to a few owners locally. The majority have expressed disappointment that they did not get what was advertised.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it even says, 'started by bisco'.:ROFLMAO: