1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Owning Prius in DC?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Superleaf444, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Superleaf444

Superleaf444 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bought my Prius in the summer of 2020. I bounced around to mountain towns, while I worked from home. Then I had to take care of some family member when they got sick.

I recently relocated to D.C. and I was wondering anyone else there?

I’m in the city proper and thinking about selling my car because I just don’t think I will use it compared to the last couple of years. Also, living in the city makes it a huge pain to work on.

Thoughts? It currently has 160k on it and is still running well. I just replaced the 12v. Slightly worried about maybe rust from it coming from Vermont, and I can see surface rust on some spots. I’m also worried about it dying in general, I’m the third owner and I have the impression the previous owners weren’t on top of maintenance. Like they didn’t abuse the car but were just wasn’t detail oriented.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lots of owners in the dc area. if you can live without it in the city, you'd be smart to sell it now, as prices are at an all time high.

Superleaf444 likes this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's a sitting duck in DC.....just go ahead and cut the cat out yourself and put in on the ground next to the car. At least that way there shouldn't be any other damage done to the underside of the car.

4. benjita

benjita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's nearly a 100% chance your catalytic converter will be stolen if you park on the street.

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sell the cat....while you still can.
    Keep the Prius for a while until we return to adult leadership and gas prices moderate.