1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oxygen generator/separater..?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by wwest40, May 18, 2010.

1. wwest40

wwest40 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Flow the 80% separated nitrogen into the intake manifold for reducing pumping losses and compress the oxygen output for later use in effectively increasing the engine displacement during acceleration events.

???

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    If you want to separate these 2 gases before they enter the combustion chamber, here's a hint: oxygen is paramagnetic. Now, on with your inventing...

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oy

:doh:

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Let me see if I understand you: You want to expend energy to remove the O2 from the intake air, and inject only N2 and fuel into the cylinder. You want to save the O2, and use it (later) to increase the engine displacement, with the idea that O2 will increase the cylinder diameter or length.

Sounds good to me! :high5: . :peace: . :car:

6. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    C'mon guys let him run with this. you can separate O2 from gas mix with a sufficiently strong magnetic field. Might be a better plan to mix fuel +O2 in the combustion chambers though. fuel + N2 will not produce the desired results.

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That all depends what the desired results are. He never said he wanted the car to actually move. He only said he wanted to increase the displacement. Now, I'm skeptical that injecting pure O2 would do that, but on the other hand, if you don't want the car to move, then it wouldn't really matter if you failed to increase the displacement.

1 person likes this.
  8. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Daniel brings up a good point - if you were successful at separating the O2 to save for later, there would be none available to oxidize the fuel.

This would be a good invention for reducing CO2 emissions, but may result in an increase in unburnt HC. :madgrin:

9. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The strong magnetic field would be more useful pointing forwards, then drafting 18 wheelers on the highway.

Oh, and embedded left turn sensors would activate from the middle lane.

1 person likes this.
  10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm going to officially jump on the wwest40 bandwagon and advocate that all cars should be required to have a device that removes all the oxygen from the intake air before it goes to the engine. In the interest of minimizing governmental regulation, I would leave it up to manufacturers how they would achieve this.

This would prevent all cars from moving. In answer to dogfriend's concern about unburned HCs, I point out that if the engine does not run, there will be no emissions of any sort. Demand for gasoline will disappear, since nobody will ever run out of gas as long as the car cannot run, the price of oil will plummet, expensive and dangerous offshore drilling will cease because the price will not justify the expense. People will get more exercise since they'll have to walk or ride bicycles.

We will be able to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan because we won't need Mideast oil any more, and with us out of their lives, al Qaeda will leave us alone and concentrate on just killing each other over their stupid religious squabbles.

The world will once again be a green and wonderful place.

wwest40 has indeed offered us the solution to all our problems.

1 person likes this.
  11. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Daniel, you must have concluded in #7 that wwest's acceleration events were downhill.

Anyway, he has deserted the thread. Hopefully not met ill, like those guys who invented 1000 mpg carburators oh so long ago.

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, I had not thought of the possibility of downhill-only driving. But the end result is the same, since once the car has reached a point from which all roads are level or uphill the car will stop.

I, too, hope the corporate conspiracy has not abducted wwest40. That would be a tremendous loss to humanity.