1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oxygen sensor

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by yota93, Jul 18, 2011.

1. yota93

yota93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Does anybody know what the wire colors on the down stream o2 sensors represent? I think 2 are black 1 is red and 1 is purple. I looked for a way to access the connection of the down stream o2 sensor. I am going to cut and splice the the wires of the new o2 sensor.

2. bobofky

bobofky Member

The down stream O2 sensor can be accessed by removing the floorboards in the passenger compartment. The pink (purple?) wire is for the O2 heater.

3. 1enigma1

1enigma1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, does anyone know how to "remove the floorboards" in order to access the downstream O2 sensor? This is probably a simple thing, but helpful to know before I start pulling things apart.

4. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You need to get the carpet out of the way to see what's going on. Remove the passenger side door threshold/kickpanel plastic trim then lift back the carpet from under the dash. Once carpet is peeled back enough you'll see the O2 connector on right side of "the hump" then a wire harness that goes through a rubber grommet into the floor. This is where you unhook the downstream O2 sensor from the car.