1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ozarks/SW MO Prius Interest Group

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by efusco, Jun 15, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Once Danny gets spooled up with the local clubs thing I'm going to head up an Ozarks or SWMO club/interest group (don't know if I should make it a Prius specific group, or hybrids in general, or Toyota hybrids or what...we can decide that later).

Anyway, I'm hoping that there are some 'lurkers' out there from the greater Springfield area that would be interested in participating in such an endeavor for some occasional get togethers and sharing and such....(such = beer drinking :wink: )

If you wish to remain anonymous on the web site you can e-mail or PM me privately, or this would be a good thread to pop your proverbial forum 'cherry' in. Just wanting to start accruing a list of those who might be interested.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Ozark hybrids

I am not in your area, Evan, but I suggest that you extend an invitation to the folks at www.ozgrl.com, in Ozark, MO. They have rebuilt several salvage Prius, and probably have some interesting stories to tell.

DAS, and Tochatihu, somewhere in California

3. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Ozark hybrids

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion...I've been a little suprised that a lurker or two didn't come out of the woodwork in this area.

I tried that link, but it's dead. are you sure it's accurate?

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Try http://www.ozgrl.com

The software added his "," at the end of the link, causing it to bomb.

5. techogurl

techogurl New Member

I'm in Fayetteville and would be interested in joining a group. My boss also has a Prius and might be interested.

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Techugurl, you're my first interested party, but I'll clearly keep you in mind if/when I get a couple more interested parties...plus, I may contact you next time I'm in F'ville ('89 UofA grad, '93 UAMS grad--Lifetime Hog fan).

I also have some family in the area. Anyway, let me know more aboutcha.

7. techogurl

techogurl New Member

Yeah I saw in some other post that you talked about the Razorbacks. I was mildly humored about it. :mrgreen: I graduated from UA in '02 in CISQA (aka Computers) and started a MIS but thought it was a waste of my time. Still in Fay doing the work thing... really love the area and will be sad if/when moving. Would be sweet to do the meet and greet sometime. :D

8. techogurl

techogurl New Member

Hey I was wondering if this will end up being a general hybrid group? I can spread the word in this area. If you'd like to have help with the group...I'm in. :)

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(techogurl\";p=\"54714)</div>
    To be honest, I just haven't put that much thought into it and don't really have a lot of time to do anything organizational. If you've got ideas share 'em, we'll discuss them and I'll let you run the show.

10. techogurl

techogurl New Member

I think that since Hybrid technology is rather new and this area isn't the swiftest with pickup that making the group a general Hybrid based interest group would generate more activity.

For the other various meetup/groups in this area, they post messages and send out emails to their group members. Then about once a month there is a group meeting.

I'm familiar with getting out info to the NW, AR and Tulsa area but not so much up towards your area.

For one of the first activities, I think it would just be neat to show people what a Hybrid is capable since most around here don't know that they exist or what they are.