1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"P" Plates in California?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kpauley, Oct 8, 2005.

1. kpauley

kpauley New Member

I received my allocation number on Wednesday, car should arrive in Los Angeles mid-month, in my hands at the end of the month....finally.

Interesting thing though, the VIN comes before, and they can start the DMV papework ahead of time. I received a note from their DMV person she mentioned something about special "P" plates. I sent a note to her to find out more details, I have never heard of these. I'm wondering if it means you don't need carpool stickers? I have pasted what she sent me below. Anyone hear of these plates before? I was going to search through the boards next to see if I can find some info.

"As soon as I get your completed paperwork, I can walk it thru the DMV for dealerships in Mt. View any time. They will actually key it in right there and your registration should have your P. Plates on it. You need to feel out a application for p plates to transfer or appply them to the new vehicle. This way you won't have to bother getting regular plates and having to turn them in. "

2. kpauley

kpauley New Member

Boy, nevermind that post, I just figured out what she meant after reading it for the 50th time. P. Plate = the personalized plates I have already ordered.....

DOH!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And here I was going to ask if she actually said, "feel out a application"