1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P/S Light - No Heat - No Speedometer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Whiteheat, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Whiteheat

Whiteheat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This weekend I was looking to see why my autodim rearview mirror was not working properly. (the power button worked but was always dimmed) I was poking around with a volt meter at the plug to see the voltage. All of a sudden the MFD came on 'Problem' (not good) then said 'P/S' which is still on the screen when it turns on.
    I can still drive but without power steering - climate control - speedometer - the dash lights flash like crazy - the MPG part of the MFD stays at zero - only the drivers window works. The power light on the mirror does not work (and it is now not dimmed...) but the homelink buttons still work.

I pulled all of the mini fuses under the drivers dash and they were all good. I could not find a fuse for the P/S - the fuse box under the hood shows a P/S - HT but there seems to be no fuse there - just looks like a buss bar.
    Is there a fuse down in there I should check (maybe a fusable link?).

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Whiteheat

Whiteheat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fixed it - it was a blown ECU-IG fuse - it looked good but checked bad with a meter.

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Now the question is "why did it blow?". There must be some current spike occurring. I would be vigilant in the coming days for signs of other symptoms. How is the inverter coolant pump?

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe the answer to this question can be found in the OP's statement below:

[email protected] and koolingit like this.