1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P#ss Poor Drivers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Ed Vatza, May 2, 2006.

1. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

I know I'm getting old and now I drive a hybrid but...

what is the purpose of a 65mph speed limit if everyone, it seems, drives 80? (I'm constantly being left in the dust.)

what is the purpose of stop signs when everyone, it seems, just rolls through them? (I get dirty looks when I stop at stop signs.)

why do cars have turn signals if no one, it seems, uses them? (actually I saw a great bumper sticker a while back. It said "Forget World Peace. Visualize Using Your Turn Signal.")

who is it that everyone just has to constantly talk to that it seems two out of three drivers are always on the cell phone while driving? (I understand business but there's just nobody that I want or, to be honest, need to talk to that badly.)

why did I just hear a radio commercial for a c-store wrap that promotes the ease of eating while driving? (Just another of the gifts given to us by the "fast food" industry.)

Am I just getting old? Or have we devolved into a country of p#ss poor drivers?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well Fly Fisher, I'm not sure which is funnier to me. The thought that you are right or that you limit your observations exclusively to driving. :)

It's not so much the 80 in the 65 that anonys me - as long as people stay in their lane and actually drive responsibly. What truly ticks me off is the 50 in the 35 or the 40 in the 25. Someone once told me that suburban streets are curving to control speed. Maybe that was true once, but what I see is that kids treat the curvy roads like a race course and the kids can't see thiem coming.

I too feel pressured to not actually stop at signs. But my annoyance is when people can't keep track - or wait their turn - at a four-way stop and then it just turns into chaos run amuck.

I believe that some cars have turns signals and push-button door locks as options. I've seen poeple get out of their cars empty handed, walk no less than 20 feet, turn and use their fob to lock the doors. That makes me press the door lock on the hand rest just for my own well-being.

It turns out that the person in front of you talking on the cell phone in their car weaving around, not turning their head to check for traffic and being distracted is talking to the person in front of me!

I'm not even going near the fast-food comment.

I'm only 35 and already I feel old and crotchety. I can't wait until I get my officle "whippersnapper" card at which time I'll be able to call people whippersnappers with immunity.

3. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    flyfisher, I feel your pain.

Let me relay this brief story about turn signals.

I once was driving behind a car going to a local shopping district. It was a brand new car, as there were temporary tags displayed in the window. The driver never used a turn signal on the 3-4 mile drive. When we ended up parking right next to each other, I got out and had this conversation:

Me: Nice car. But the turn signals don't work, you should take it back to the dealer.
    Him: What? Yes, they do. (Gets back into his car and turns on flashers.)
    Me: I was behind you most of the drive here and I didn't see them on once.
    Him: Oh, I don't use them.

Then we just walked into the store.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paflyfisher @ May 2 2006, 06:27 AM) [snapback]248463[/snapback]</div>

Rid your mind of these contradictions, and be one with the flow. Grasshopper

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You and police officers everywhere all agree, Everyone need to be retaught how to drive....

6. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll go one more to suggest that there should be MANDITORY driving tests every 10 years. Not just for older drivers. I've been driving for over 20 years and I'm sure that I could use a refresher. Seems that kids especially could use more training than they get. It's almost like they're taught how to pass the test...not how to be good, responsible drivers.

Or maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My Doc, after my last exam, said that Prostate problem so I guess that would make me a . . . .

"Poor Pissing Driver" <_<

Wildkow