1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0010 P0351 P3190 P3191 codes after engine reassembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Van Baggett, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Van Baggett

Van Baggett Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey all,

Trying to figure out a couple of issues.

Car is a 2011 Prius with 172,000 miles. A little history. Car has been in my garage for about 8 months. Slowly been replacing the head gasket. Cleaned the egr (pressure washer and oven clean, can see right thru it). Kept the 12v battery on a trickle charger and reconditioned the traction battery. New spark plugs, coils, and fuel injectors along with all the associated head gasket parts.

When I restarted it last night after putting it all together, it was running extremely rough with a loud clacking noise. Would run, but rough. No smoke just shaking engine and noise. Oil didn't seem to get any lower and antifreeze level is same this morning.

Codes show P0010 P0351 P3190 P3191. Related to P0010 I pulled and checked the camshaft position actuator solenoid. Manually put voltage and it clicked and moved. Checked the ohms and it was 8 so looks fine. When I check voltage at the connector it shows 12volts immediately when the vehicle starts (I can feel the solenoid click) the the voltage immediately goes to 0.

For P0351 I have swapped in the older spark plugs, coils, fuel injectors in various factors with no change. 3190 and 3191 I believe show a start with low engine power (hence the shaking). Thinking to swap in a new camshaft position sensor (since it controls in part the solenoid) and a new camshaft position actuator solenoid. Any thoughts? ECM?

At a loss here.

Thanks,

Van

2. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it was all working before the work, in all likely hood it would be afterward.
    Check the timing chain. It might have jumped.
    At least check all the connectors, and hoses. It is very easy to forge tto connect
    something, or not put it on all the way and it doesn't make contact, or falls off.