P0171

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cometflash, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My tech stream has not helped me much at all ...nothing to really reset wen I have a code or codes. It always wants to run a series of tests. That seem to be inconclusive..battling same code but cars getting proper gas mileage so more of nuisance.

2. Cometflash

Cometflash New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you.
    I've been pretty busy this week. I'll try to get one of those when I can and set up a laptop with it.
    I got a laptop which I barely use, just do so to do my taxes.
    I'm figuring any VCI cable will do, but if you have any recommendation I be happy to get that.
    I wish I knew about those before I got my ob2 device recommended for drprius, which was more expensive than this cable.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Unless finances are critical, having Dr Prius for monitoring hybrid functions is a good idea for any Prius owner- I keep the adapter in the glove box and can check things when I am away from home.

I just looked at amazon for a seller that had the software on a cd/dvd (didn't want to deal with some unknown online download). Don't know of any differences in the cheap cables- the seller I used raised his price by over $20, so shop around. Ebay is also works but can take longer depending on where the seller is. I understand that there are usually fewer installation problems if you have a 32 bit windows operating system (I used Win7 pro 32 bit). Sometimes the 64 bit driver can be fiddly.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    apparently their are issues w veci cables . the standard is iffy at best . or the adhering to the standard.. ive bought about 5 theyre cheap enough.. ones that do not work i return..

SFO likes this.