1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0301 second time….

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by refusedone, Aug 24, 2024 at 1:17 PM.

1. refusedone

refusedone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,
    I have a 2010 Prius with 200k+ miles on it. About a year ago I got the P0301, cylinder 1 misfire. The Spark plug was fouled, so I replaced all the plugs and the coils to be safe. I have recently gotten the code again, with knocking at start up.

The engine does burn a lot of oil. I’m seeing also the thread about the intake manifold possibly being an issue?

This time the spark plug is not fouled, I cleaned it anyway and still knocking at startup. Any ideas of what to try next would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

PS, I do have Techstream will that likely help me determine the issue more precisely?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The fire in your cylinder is being put out by seepage from the head gasket more than likely Very common in this FXE version of the two Z engine so maybe give that a look with a boriscope or something

refusedone likes this.