1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0302 code question on 2002 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by shortround, Aug 21, 2010.

1. shortround

shortround New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone out there help with this? I have a 2002 Prius with a ton of miles on it 315,000 to be exact. After a recent oil change I had the warning lights come on and the car stalled. I let it sit for several minutes and then it would restart. I put it on a diagnostics tester and got an error code of P0302 misfire on cylinder #2. I replaced the plugs but after driving the car for a while the same thing happend but when I put the car on the tester again no error codes came up. I have been told to clean the throttle body where oil and carbon can build up and if that does not solve the problem to replace the coil pack on cylinder #2. Has anyone had a similar problem and what has worked for you?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not a mechanic, just the back yard variety, so I can't answer your question. I did a Google search and came up with the same answer you did.

Try posting your question here: Generation 1 Prius Discussion - PriusChat Forums

Maybe some of the other Generation 1 Prius owners have had the same problem.