1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0607 code, cruise control light flashing, no other symptoms or lights on dash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ewhitaker0020, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Ewhitaker0020

Ewhitaker0020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was just driving my 2006 Prius with 178,000 miles and when I went to use the cruise control the cruise light just flashed instead of coming in steady.

I went into Dr Prius and pulled the HV battery codes just for the fun of it, and I'm getting a P0607 code, but none of my lights are on except for my maintenance required light, because I forgot to reset it the last time I changed the oil.

I tried a quick search, but it seemed like answers were all over the place. I had my HV battery replaced by green bean about a month ago and I'm not experiencing any issues with the HV battery since then.

What could be causing this?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Ewhitaker0020

Ewhitaker0020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just shut off the car and turned it back on. Cruise control works normally and the P0607 code does not return after clearing it. Is this a sign of something to come? Is this a common occurrence of a weak 12v battery?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's a real code, but it's not an HV battery code. It's a code from the engine control module. There shouldn't be answers all over the place about it; it's a failed ECM self test, and unless you convince yourself it was a pure fluke and has never happened again, the indicated solution is to replace the ECM. (The manual first recommends that you check for any codes other than the self test codes, and diagnose those if you have them, then see if fixing those resolved the issue; if not, or if you don't have any others, it goes right to "replace ECM".)

There's a large school of thought here that a low-enough 12-volt battery supply could produce all kinds of ECU malfunctions. There is less consensus about what "low-enough" and "all kinds" really mean, and I'm personally in the camp that doesn't think it's the explanation as much of the time as some others do.

But there's a variation of the "if you have to ask ..." saying that might apply here. :) If you've got an ECU telling you it failed a self check, and you feel like you've got any reason to question your 12 volt battery, well, have you checked that out yet? I don't know for sure if it'll turn out to be your culprit, but you'll be happy if it does, right?

dolj, Samuel Williams Jr and SFO like this.
  4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It might be related. It might not. One way to tell would be get a mini VCI cable from amazon or ebay along with a bootleg copy of Techstream (Toyota's diagnostic software) and install it on an old windows laptop. That would give you the ability to check "freeze frame data", a snapshot that the ecu took when it set the code. It usually includes things like battery or ignition voltage.

That said, testing and replacing the 12V as needed should be normal maintenance.

5. Umerpk

Umerpk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had same indications with P0571, P0607 and cruise light flashing. Replacing brake switch did the job.

davecook89t likes this.