1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A40 P0A41 P0A94 ,NOW P0A78

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by hybrid headache, May 29, 2024.

1. hybrid headache

hybrid headache New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    MY 2011 Prius gave poa40 poa41 and P0A94 and on rare Occasions gave poa78
    mechanic told me to change inverter so i did now the only error that remains is poa78
    as soon as i hit a ditch on a plain road Prius shows this error
    and sometimes when i accelerate .It one of two .Car vibrate crazy and you may think i had and accident before it give this error and then shortly loses accleration and wont go above 25kph and then stops
    cant get rid of it, car show traction light engine light and triangle its yellow or green (i don t know the exact color) kindly resolve this issue its been 3 months since i got caught in this mess i get this error every ther day iI drive not more than 10km in a day
    the local mechanics are just guessing and making me lose money

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    More than likely your engine is starting to come apart so be on the lookout for that that's generally a thing with these You should start by taking the spark plugs out and renting an inspection camera and looking in the specially cylinders one and two up at the mating service of the block in the head you'll see little water droplets take your spark plugs out when you do take a magnifying glass or a lupe and look for those microscopic vapor droplets on the tip of the plug on any part of the plug that's inside of the area You see those little vapor droplets stick your tongue on them It tastes like antifreeze You don't know what that tastes like well maybe you might not work on cars much anyway once you determine that you have coolant in the cylinder your work is done engines coming apart coming out something big work Make sure your car's worthy of this work these generally are not the ones.