1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80, But nothing else

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Willwortman, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Willwortman

Willwortman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My 2006 is doing some weird things. I have gone through a couple of HV failures and each time if I got the P0A80 code there was always an additional code telling me what was wrong. Not this time. Some times the battery will sit there while it shows that it is being charged and not take a charge. i.e. not come up off the pink bars, Sometimes it will charge all the way up to green and then fall off dramatically This is really strange because it is not showing any other code other than a crank cam sensor. Has this happened to anyone else? The 12 volt battery seems to be ok.

2. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like the battery needs treatment asap. Curious, what have you done for the pack when it 'failed' in the past? Have you already replaced modules? The 'charging without taking a charge' and 'charge all the way up to green and then fall off dramatically' are positive and negative recalibrations. These are signs that the battery needs to be reconditioned or it will fail soon. Our Prolong Battery Reconditioning Package has everything needed to recondition the pack in the car, at home, in a single weekend. Since it has not 'failed' again yet, the odds are in your favor that reconditioning alone will be enough to recover the pack.You can read more about our products here: Prolong Battery Systems FAQ - Hybrid Automotive

#2 jeff652, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What state are you in? How many miles on the car? Maybe it I'd still under warranty?