1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 powertrain pending

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Faizan Khan, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Faizan Khan

Faizan Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have 2006 Toyota Prius
    Initially i had this code coming with a Red triangle sign on dash, also my car was not going more than 20 MPH..
    So i use torque pro app and find out one of my battery cell was a little bit weak but not showing a big difference then other cells so i change it..

after changing cell my car is running fine but still i am having this code
    have checked everything is working fine so what does that sign means anyone know please help me out..

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you completely disconnect the 12v battery when you changed the main battery cell? If not, do so for about 5 minutes then reconnect. If the fault returns there *IS* a problem, but more diagnostics will be required to sort it.

Faizan Khan likes this.
  3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Use the paid version of the app so you can look at HV batttery block data live.

Then you can see what is really going on.

For example look at this screen shot of live data. At the time it only had a P0A80 code.
    Looking at the live data you can easy see that block 9 is bad. Much lower voltage than the rest.

Attached Files:

Faizan Khan likes this.