1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A80 with 67,000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JoePrius100, Apr 11, 2018.

1. JoePrius100

JoePrius100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello- really hoping for another solution to the triangle of death and a P0A80. I also got P3022 and P3024.

With so low mileage, I assumed it might be the 12v; which was bad! I also found water under the 12v. Dried it all up and replaced the battery. Still have the triangle of death.

When the codes have been reset, the car runs great for a while, then the codes go off and the HV battery fan kicks on and stays on.

If you think it's a HV battery replacement, can I try for cell replacement? Or suggest full replacement?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Go for full replacement, brand new. Matt at texashybridbatteries has them at a great price.

Don't mess with refurbished when your car has so much life left

m.wynn, dolj and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. JoePrius100

JoePrius100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thanks JC91006!

4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Assuming "Austin" is in fact Austin, TX I too would not suggest module replacement. These batteries HATE being left undriven and it's worse in the heat. Result, you would likely be playing "Whack-A-Mole" with module replacements and pulling the HV pack out every couple months gets old.... FAST!

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My 06 batt went out a couple of years ago with only 44k miles at that time. See the link in my signature to see how that played out.

If you plan on keeping long term and while the car still runs (ASAP!!!), I'd get it up to matt in DFW for a new battery; probably the best deal in Texas. Texas Prius Battery Replacement He may be able to meet you further down 35 in Waco or Temple. He's very skilled at the procedure and it only takes him short while.

Beware: third party batteries advertised as "new" are simply rebuilt/repaired old batteries and are only as good as the warranty (which you will use).

Raytheeagle likes this.
  6. JoePrius100

JoePrius100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just coming back to finish this thread. (Bugs me when threads aren't solved).

I went with Matt at texas hybrid batteries; he quoted me the best warranty and was able to drive down to Austin for a fee. He was great- said he probably wouldn't be able to salvage much from my old battery- it was shot!

I'm glad I bought new. Thank you JC91006, 05PreeUs and fotomoto for saving me a lot of time.

m.wynn, PAUL SCHULTZ and fotomoto like this.