1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A9C code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jonscheets, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Jonscheets

Jonscheets New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello all,
    Recently removed my traction battery, replaced a cell, balanced the pack and reinstalled. Everything has been going great, 45mpg with my lead foot, battery appears to charge/discharge well. Put about 500 miles on the car and then I got the game triangle of death and other lights. Download code P0A9C HYBRID BATTERY TEMPERATURE SENSOR "A" RANGE/PERFORMANCE. The fan understandably stays on now.

I remember when I removed the pack, the sensory wire on the bottom wasn't really attached to anything, so I attached it to the fan end of the battery. That's the only thing I can think of that was abnormal.

When I get time, in going to remove the traction battery and check the sensory wires on top and bottom, but is there anything else I should look for? I searched the forum and there isn't much help with this code. Thanks!

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Might also want to see/check if the HV Fan has been cleaned lately.

Prodigyplace and Raytheeagle like this.