1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0A9C - Sensor "A" Location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TwoPriusInTenn, Jun 19, 2022.

1. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    P0A9C Sensor "A" Range/Performance - 2008 Prius, 202,000 miles. Techstream displayed the P0A9C code. Also, two low voltage cells that I will replace after balancing the remaining cells. My question is, is the sensor in the ECU box inside the hybrid battery or in another location? Any assistance is appreciated.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    This code is for the temp sensors mounted on the bottom of the modules. Did you forget to plug the harness in? Or perhaps you broke one of the wires while disassembling/assembling the battery?

PriusCamper likes this.
  3. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you. My daughter bought this car a while ago. I haven't done anything to the HV battery. The code appeared when I ran codes with my Techstream. Just doing a little research before I change and balance out the cells. On the 2nd Gen, there are 3 wires that intermittently connect to the top of the cells with clips. Are these what you are speaking of? (they clip to the bottom of the cells on 3rd Gen).

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hmmm.. that's odd. I could have swore that on those hundreds of Gen 2 HV batteries I've disassembled that the 3 temperature thermistors were located on the bottom of the modules....:) I'll have to take a look and check again. Either way, yes, those are the sensors.

5. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you.

6. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I did not mean to offend you. Just making sure I understood. Thanks again.

7. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    No offense taken, lol. Just playin around! I'm as happy as can be, just did the chicken dance with an $80 fob from ebay and it worked like a charm!! Now I have 2 working fobs for the backup car!!

8. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I love it when a plan comes together! Congrats!!!