1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0AFA - C1259 - C1310 - Won't start after working on hv battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Mvlemon, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Mvlemon

Mvlemon New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge on cars...

I have a Prius that hasn't been driven for 4 months and won't start. I purchased and installed a new 12v battery. I removed the HV Battery, load tested all 28 cells, replaced 3 of them, and they all seem to be working around 7.5 volts.

I installed the HV Battery, tested the voltage leaving the pack (211volts), inserted the Service Plug with all 3 parts of the installation action, and tried to start the car to no avail.

I've reset the 12volt battery numerous times. I've cleared codes, deinstalled and reinstalled the HV battery all with no luck...until finally well into the night, I plugged in the code reader to see if anything had changed, turned the car on, and it magically started! I took it for a half hour drive which wasn't too smooth (old gas, and gas stations not open) but seemed to work. All dashboard lights still being on. Parked the car and tried to start again this morning and it won't start. Reset battery, Service Plug, etc... Nothing will make it start.

No mechanics on Martha's Vineyard to help me out on this and towing to the Cape is super expensive so I would love to be able to get it going well enough to get on the ferry and out of here!

Any tips would be VERY appreciated.

2. OBJUAN

OBJUAN Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Do you have an OBDII tool like BT TONWON (amazon) and Dr. Prius?
    Something to force clear errors....

3. Gary S

Gary S New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had similar issue until I saw a tip on this board to push down the orange HV safe jacket after lifting the ring. It solve my problem instantly. What a trick!!!

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Milton

Milton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks that help me after a whole day replace bad cell