1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P260031 - motor/generator coolant pump "A" control circuit no signal

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by M Hamza Khan, Nov 6, 2021.

1. M Hamza Khan

M Hamza Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A

I am getting the above-mentioned error in my Prius-Phv (2017). I got this error after doing the charging. However, if I drain all the batteries reserved for the plug-in part and then reset the error, the car works perfectly fine and the error never comes up and my car works like a normal Prius. Then I put my car into charging mode by pressing the EV/HV button. And after charging it up to 10%, I converted it to electric vehicle and the error show up again. So far what I have diagnosed is that this error only shows up when the car is running on Plug-in reserve batteries

Attached Files:

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If you're still concerned and want to know more about what happened when the code was originally set, you'll need to have techstream to do a through diagnostic to see if anything is still present in the ECU.
    If the car seems fine to you and you're not still concerned about why the code was set in the first place, I'd suggest writing down all the details you remember about the incident to keep as a reminder, if anything similar pops up in the future.

3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Check your wiring harness. See if something has been chewing on it.
    If you have the ability to toggle "on" the electronic cooling pump for the EV system - do it and verify it's pumping coolant. Also check coolant levels. The error indicates that the ECU doesn't know how fast or if the pump is spinning at all - bad signal wire, sensor or pump.