1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

p2601 - Connector Plug for Coolant Tank Storage Pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by penny_the_prius, May 8, 2024.

1. penny_the_prius

penny_the_prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello friends. I recently had my front left tire blow out on the highway and in the process, the coolant tank storage pump was broken and the wire connector plug that connects to it was lost/broken. This is directly in front of the front left tire on the drivers side. I can still see the white and blue wires, so I can easily attach another connector plug/socket to the wires and then connect to the coolant tank storage pump.

I essentially need to do exactly what this guy does in this video. Unfortunately, he doesn't provide a link or any details about the connector piece.
    Please enter this at end of youtube url: /watch?v=-KfIR9gwGTQ

I already bought a replacement pump from dorman, but they also provide no info about the connection for the electrical component:
    dormanproducts: p-87477-902-611.aspx

For the life of me, I cannot find any details regarding what is the correct connection plug/socket for the wiring. Even the official manual seems to vaguely refer to it as 'water pump connector'

I tried ordering this connector, but it doesn't fit the dorman replacement pump:
    On amazon:
    Connector-Harness-064100-0951-710157483174-Model_TRD-RST-642/dp/B0C18Z373L

I would love if anyone has any advice or direct links...
    My next option would be to try this other connector on amazon which looks super similar to the one I already tried, but maybe it is slightly different. I don't think this is it either tho?
    On Amazon:
    Aokus Compatible with Toyota Prius 2004-2009 Electric Inverter cooling pump wire connector PLUG Harness 90980-11162

Thanks y'all

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    In Ohio you should have numerous options for very nice large junk yards All you would want to do is go and clip the pump wire You could have probably got the pump for free and it's plug The temperature sensor plug the coolant heat storage tank if needed and walk out of there with all of that for in Ohio maybe $50. That would be the fastest way someone will be a long shortly with some plug numbers and so on that you can try and search and find online hopefully they'll have pigtails sticking out of them because then if they don't you'll need to buy tools to take the electrical pins out of the plug socket and so on and it just becomes a big hullabaloo I usually just cut these things off when I'm out at the junkyard so I have them I may have some extras I'm in North Carolina Good luck this should be a relatively quick fix

penny_the_prius likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For those times when "go to the nearest salvage yard and snip one off" doesn't work, the direct way to find that part number is to go look in the Electrical Wiring Diagram:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

In the online EWD you can just click on the connection and the part number and details pop up. This post gives an example.

My subscription's not active at the moment, or I'd just pop over and look your part up.

4. penny_the_prius

penny_the_prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    For any future people out there. I think I may have found the part numbers from my post on reddit:

You can just order the connector from your nearest dealer.

Part # 90980-11156 (that’s just the plastic connector). Then buy 2 wire repair kit, also from the dealer.

Part #82998-12440 (they will be grey color but it’s a repair wire). and use 2 wire connectors and get shrink tubes (Toyota approved repair). Your existing wires are blue and white with black trace.

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  6. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I have an extra connector lying around, you can send me your address and I'll ship it to you :)

7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well in this amount of time that's passed I've been to the junkyard twice so there's always that and no they're not across the street from my house either.