1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3000 & P3011 on 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Eric2021, Dec 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Eric2021

Eric2021 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 Prius with 147,000 miles

Hello, I'm a first time poster. I bought this car about 7 months ago and was told that the battery was rebuilt. I have techstream and when I check the freezeframe diagnostics the voltages on block one seem right in line with the rest. I've also load tested the individual modules on a 12v light with no significant drop in voltage in comparison with the others. Any help would be appreciated for this lost broke college kid
    (I attached the screenshots to the thread)

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That freeze-frame does not seem to corroborate the P3011 code.

I'd be inclined to save the health check data (so you can review it anytime in the future) and then clear the codes. See how long it takes to reset new codes.

In the meantime, you could look into seeing if you can borrow a high voltage charger so you could attempt a top balance of the hybrid vehicle battery to see if that will help.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I like to use the Hybrid Assistant (android) app with a compatible OBD2 bluetooth adapter to monitor battery voltages. Force charge the battery by holding foot on the brake, shift into drive and press the throttle pedal down- the engine will run and charge the HV battery to "full" 7-8 bars (around 70% SOC or so). Put the shifter in park.

Start "battery health check" on the app, then turn on lights (with fog lights or high beams), rear defogger, climate controls set to A/C on (high blower and LOW temperature)- any 12V electrical loads- but you don't want the engine (ICE) to run. When the State Of Charge gets down to around 2 bars (48-45%) then stop the test on the app.

Now you can open the Hybrid Reporter function in the app and let it generate a report. It will have LOTS of info- part way down the report will be 2 graphs- one showing all 14 block voltages over the testing time, and the other showing the voltage differential over that same time. Looking at things as the pack discharges (albeit at a low amperage rate) can sometimes flush out a weak module.

(Dr Prius app is also good to view data "live" while driving and can pull/clear battery ecu and engine codes)

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.