1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi Guys:
    I've been really busy lately, but now I am back because my AC stopped working, blowing warm air. I have a DTC P3108 which means the CAN is not communicating with the AC control module. I only found one post on this here, where the module was replaced and the problem was fixed. It can also be the communication gateway, or a bad connection. I will have time (I hope) to dig into this on Sunday, but in the meantime, if anyone else has experienced this DTC I would welcome any input on what was done to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Using the AutoEnginuity does not provide the information codes. I spent a few hours today at first thinking I had a communitaion problem with the amplifier. I found the amplifier to be working properly. An obvious clue to this is that the MFD and the instrument panel both show the AC turning on and off. If the amplifier does not work, it will always stay off. I did not have more time to spend on it today, but after just reviewing the codes, I came to the conclusion that the problem is P3108-536. Wire harness or connector- Inverter with converter assembly. I must have a cable issue that occured last fall when I pulled out the inverter to fix the brake actuator. Since it was late fall, I did not need the A/C until now, so I did not notice the problem. I need to find a few hours to get behind the invertor and check the connectors. I also found when checking the amplifier, that I am getting an over voltage signal from the inverter, which may be related to the connector issue.

3. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Fixed, open pin in the connector, as I expected.

4. Manfred Vargas

Manfred Vargas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Friend. I have been reading your post. I have the code p3108-535 ... I wanted to know if you could fix it. I also read that you got another code related to the inverter, I get p0a08-264, I do not know if it came out the same ... if so I would like to know what you did to solve it. thanks