1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3190 Code and "Check Hybrid System"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Gregs1027, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Gregs1027

Gregs1027 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2010 Prius. Two days ago my son was driving it on the freeway when he lost acceleration and had to pull over. We had it towed to my house. It is giving a P3190 code and says "Check Hybrid System" It seems to start for a moment when I reset the code but then shuts off and throws the same code and the dash lights up. From what I am reading this is likely not the Hybrid system but the engine isn't able to run and therefore charge/maintain the Hybrid system. I did change the fuel pump a few years ago but maybe it is that again.I ordered another one since the pump itself isn't very expensive. I took apart the MAF and cleaned it off. I am going to turn it on and see if I hear the fuel pump engage with the back seat taken out. I can't remember how we figured out what it was last time. I guess my question is in what order do you problem solve this? Also if I rent or find one of those high end code readers will it tell me more that the $15 Amazon one? Does the fact that it was driving when it lost power give any sign as to what is wrong?