1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Package #2 - Ipod/stereo upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fossilfuel, Jun 13, 2008.

1. fossilfuel

fossilfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mom just got 08 with package #2 (luckily MSRP).

What is the easiest IPOD and STEREO upgrade for a non audiophile?

Can you just do new 6x9 speakers and amp or do you need new face/deck? Nothing crazy, just better quality than stock sound (even my JBL 9 speaker sucks). How does the stereo face/dash look if you change the face - weird?

Which IPOD integration kit is best (most cost effective) if there is no AUX jack (like i have in my package #6)

Thanks

2. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Package 2 has the aux jack and a 12V outlet in the center console.

3. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i am not sure why people say the jbl with nine speakers suck. i like it a lot but then
    i do not roll down my windows and expect people on the sidewalks to listen to it
    also as i drive by. i do not expect bass that rattles the car and you can here it
    a half a block away. i do not play the music past volume setting 20ish.

frankly, i never understood why people want their car to have just as good of sound
    as a top of the line home stereo system. not like today's music needs it anyway... just how
    good can modern rock, r&b, techno sound when, heh, it sounds like crap to begin with.

oh people here play classical, big band, and other music that consists of more then a
    guitar (bass too), keyboard, drums, and a singer? lol.

I kid! but not really ;-)

But to each their own. If you want to invest 4%-8% of what your car cost so you can
    listen to the music slightly "better", which is individual taste, more power to you! I simply
    suggest live with it and do not try to keep up with the "kool kids" who like it as a hobby
    and grow out of it in a few years.

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't have a top of the line home stereo system, just an average one. That's because I rarely have time to listen to music at home, so no point investing thousands of dollars into one.

But I do spend a lot of time alone in my car, so it's worthwhile for me (an amateur musician) to invest in a good car audio system. I sing in choirs and listen to a lot of choral music, so my system requires a bit more power and quietness than your average setup.

I've also discovered that practicing singing in the car is much easier (and more fun) than at home.

5. fossilfuel

fossilfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Before my inquiry gets off track....the question is what, not why. Thanks for your opinions though, but if you dont have an answer to the specific question, please do not respond