1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Package 3 and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Omi, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I think my other question is getting lost on another thread, so I figured I would post a new one. One of the other threads speaks of getting Package 3 on a Prius and this only gives you the ability to buy a Bluetooth receiver to work with the car. My impression from Toyota.com is that Package 3 gives you Bluetooth capability, meaning if I have a Bluetooth enabled phone, I can connect to the BT on the car and have handsfree communication. But then it also shows that voice command is only in Package 5, which would then lead me to believe that with Package 3, I DO have to buy some other transmitter/receiver to go along with Package 3. Can someone please steer me in the correct direction? I have a Touring Package 3 on order and the hands free BT is one of the main things I want in the car. Please help!! :eek:

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My 05 Prius has no voice command for the Bluetooth system, only for the NAV, climate control and radio. I have no problem using the Bluetooth to make and receive calls. The only drawback is that I cannot dial phone numbers using the MFD while the car is in motion.

3. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 19 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]527877[/snapback]</div>
    gotcha, so that would tell me that the BT works as talking through a microphone in the car and hearing the caller's voice through the speakers. However, there is no voice dialing and you have to still either dial on your handset or on the MFD while the car is stopped. So is there a way to get voice dialing features on this car?

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Omi @ Oct 19 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]527879[/snapback]</div>
    Correct. However, you can also use the one touch buttons to dial while the car is in motion.

Don't know.

5. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 19 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]527911[/snapback]</div>
    excellent! I did not know that you could use the one touch buttons to dial while the car was in motion. That will work well. Thank you for the assistance!
    :)