1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Package #3 with Leather!?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mywhitenoise, Sep 8, 2006.

1. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just configured my desired Prius for the 10th time today on toyota.com.
    For the last...however many times, leather was not available. Now it is. Do you think it's a glitch? Or just an incentive to get rid of the 06's?

2. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ Sep 8 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]316820[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BE CAREFUL!

I got a Pkg #7 in June. (A Pkg #8 was not available) My dealer said that they would be happy to add leather & then charge me what a Pkg #8 sells for. We took him up on the deal. Found out later that they used Naugahyde!

3. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Sep 8 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]316833[/snapback]</div>

if i hace to pay anything extra, I wont get it (that is if they really do offer it now). But thanks for the heads up.

4. smcracraft

smcracraft New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Sep 8 2006, 11:44 PM) [snapback]316833[/snapback]</div>
    How do you tell the difference between leather and naugahyde?

5. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smcracraft @ Oct 19 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]335414[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made my discovery by looking under the back of the front seats. That's when I discovered the fabric backing. I don't know very many cows that have fabric backing under their hides!

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Howdy fphinney

You say you looked under the back of your front seats. From the previous postings, the "factory" leather option says "seating areas." This interprets as the areas that your body touches when you sit. The rest is matching vinyl or Naugahyde. At least, that is my understanding.

So, perhaps your disappointment is misplaced. Are the "seating areas" on your Prius real leather?