1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Package #4 (AM) in California

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by madler, Apr 17, 2005.

1. madler

madler Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Every dealer I've talked to in California is quite consistent in telling me that they only get packages 1, 3, and 6. Naturally, what I want isn't one of those. I want a Package #4 (AM), to get the stability control without having to pay $3000 more for a GPS (and some other stuff) I don't want.

So the question is: how can I get one? Can a dealer order one? Can they request that one be pulled from the boat when it comes over? Do I have to go to another state? If I do have to go to another state, can I bring the car to California, i.e. would it have the requisite California emissions sticker? (You'd think it would, but perhaps not.)

Thanks for any information folk have.

Mark Adler

2. DanH

DanH New Member

I ran into a similar issue here in NC. The local dealer thought they could order a AM package, but that would have added more undermined about of time to the wait. I eventually went with a dealership in VA near the DC area. The dealership is in a different region which got the AM package and they got many more Prii in general than the local dealer. I got one in about 3 weeks after telling them my interest.

As far as CA goes I pretty sure Northern CA gets the AM package.

3. toddwking

toddwking Average Joe

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's funny - I'm in Northern CA and can get the AM package, but I'm looking for the GY (#1) package & can't find it here!

I'm actually thinking about making a weekend of it - setting up the sale via the phone/internet, flying down to LA on a Saturday and driving it back here to SF on a Sunday.

Do you know of a dealer in Southern CA where you can get a price below MSRP?

If you're thinking about coming up here to get the AM package, see the "$1000 off of MSRP" chain and Riparian (sp?) gives some excellent advice about getting a good price on one up here (including an AM package for $750 off of MSRP).

4. madler

madler Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toddwking\";p=\"82483)</div>
    Sorry, no I don't. Thanks for the advice on finding such a dealer there!

mark

5. madler

madler Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks to DanH for the Northern California tip! I bought my new Prius with a Package #4 a few days ago from a dealer in San Jose.

For those who are curious, the line is somewhere between Santa Cruz and San Jose, which aren't very far from each other. The dealer in Santa Cruz said he'd never seen a package #4, exactly what all the SoCal dealers said. All the dealers in the bay area, Sacramento, and Stockton all said they would get a few Package #4's every month.