1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Package 8 available in Gulf Coast Reg (Texas)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jurgs, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jurgs

jurgs New Member

Is it possible to get an actual Package 8 with the factory leather (not Port Installed) in Texas?

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are going to have to visit multiple dealers. Some dealers work only on allocation, meaning that your "order" for a vehicle has to match what they are getting off the car carrier when it arrives on the lot. Avoid those dealers. If they aren't willing to make some phone calls and do some in-transit allocation trades with other dealers to get your car in, they aren't worth dealing with.

Find a nice rural dealer in the middle of nowhere and talk to them. Often times those out of the way dealers will put in the time and effort to earn your business by working through their region and with other dealers to get your vehicle in.

3. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    From my experience - looking for a few months, waiting several more, and owning for a while - nope.

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    For what it is worth, I was led to believe that you could order any available color and package you wanted, and would have to wait 6-8 weeks. This was at Northridge Toyota in California. I didn't wait, but found one 2-3 weeks later with the option package I wanted (#6), but not the color. Wanted blue/gray, got white/beige. May be different in Texas, or the California dealer was blowing smoke. Did you ask about ordering what you want?

5. jurgs

jurgs New Member

I know it's going to be hard to find one, but I'm wanting to know if you can get a factory Package 8 in the Gulf Coast Region. I'm not wanting one with the port-installed leather, and I don't mind ordering and waiting for a couple of months.