1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Packages Available

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Semicharmedguy26, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Semicharmedguy26

Semicharmedguy26 New Member

I've been on the wait lists in southern california since march so it's been about 8 months, i've recently been getting call from some dealers but all the cars offered are package 6. Is toyota pumping out the lower packages at all? aren't we price gouging a little here? yeah they stepped up production but it seems they're only producing top of the line prius'. Personally i dont need bluetooth, i know how to use a map so i dont need a nav system, i use my key to open doors so no need for smart entry, so there's no real need for me to spend an extra 5k for that stuff. Im just wondering if anybody else has notice that it's mainly the package 6's that have been offered.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Semicharmedguy26\";p=\"54261)</div>
    It may seem that way, but someone posted the percentages of each package that are being produced....I don't have the exact data, but it was something like :
    Package 1: 30%
    Package 3: 30%
    Package 6: 40%

Obviously those aren't exact and there are some in between, and yes, package 6 is the most popular and the highest profit so there will be more, but the EPA is actually limiting the total number of those that Toyota can bring in (something about the HID headlights or something.)

They're out there, hold on, it'll come....btw, you just THINK you don't need the SKS, it is AWESOME...