1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Packages offered on toyota.com

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kimlai, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Kimlai

Kimlai New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm on the waiting list for a toyota and my sales person is having a hard time understanding the different packages. I specifically stated that I wanted a 07 with package 4. Informed me to go to Toyota.com and pick out one of the 4 lettered packages. Okay now I'm having a hard time!!! :) There isn't a letter package that coordinates with package #4 for the 2007 Prius. Can anyone help me with this.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Howdy GotPrius?

Two ways to explore your query: [1] Look at the "Sticky" on Prius Main Forum (Top section of thisl category) for explanations of the Options and Packages available on the 2007 Prius; [2] Log on to www.Toyota.com - Then select "Build and Price..." - enter your ZIP code - From there you can select Color - Packages [There are SIX packages selectable] - and Options - a step at a time and arrive at the MSRP for your Prius. Once you have completed your selections - I presume to match the Prius for which you are waiting, you can print out your results which will have a detailed list of the included goodies.

The "Packages" are numbered up to #6 and further detailed with LETTERS. The Options are lettered which you can notice when Building your Prius online. Your Salesperson **NEEDS** some Prius education, it would appear. As an example from my 2007 on order:

2007 Toyota Prius - MSRP $30,604 - Feature 1224 (Lists the "standard" features) - Exterior Color 08S2 Seaside Pearl - Interior Color LD41 Beige - Packages NW (Package 6) - A0 (The Extra Mile Option Package A) - P4 (Vehicle Shield Package) - Miscellaneous CN - FK - MG - CF - FS - S7 - WL - PB - TS. The "Miscellaneous" items were all included in previous Package and Options.

You're gonna LOVE your Prius.!! Hope you don't have to wait too long.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's always reassuring when the salesperson can't figure out basics about the car you'd like to order, isn't it?
    [smile]

Don't worry, cruise this site and priusonline.com and you'll be an expert in no time!

4. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 19 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]335275[/snapback]</div>
    Those who can, do; those who can't, sell.

5. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Prius? @ Oct 19 2006, 04:05 PM) [snapback]335230[/snapback]</div>
    Not all packages are available in all regions. You'll need to come to NC (the SE Region) if you want to choose from among all the packages.

In answer to your question, it appears that the following letters relate to these packages:
    A Pkg. #1
    B Pkg. #2
    C Pkg. #5
    D Pkg. #6

I obtained this by typing in a TN zip and reading the package descriptions.

To choose an out-of-state dealer, go to www.buyatoyota.com and put in an out-of-state zip code (you can find some for major cities/states from Google). The SE region is NC, SC, GA, & FL. VA, MD, etc. also have limited choices, so you won't gain anything there.

FYI, NC charges a 3% use tax (same thing as sales tax it's just called a use tax since you're going to be using the roads, I presume). In NC, if we buy a vehicle out-of-state, the NC taxes are waived dollar for dollar based on what we paid in the other state. TN may have similar laws. Check your state's DMV website.

Or just pick a C, which would be Pkg. #5.

I hope this helps!