1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Packing a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by anniede, Aug 17, 2005.

1. anniede

anniede New Member

We recently moved to the San Jose area. On the final push up here, we ended up packing myself, my husband, my teenage neice, a cat and my infant daughter into our Pruis, along with everything we would need for the 28 days we would be without our belongings.

Can you imagine 28 days worth of stuff, including things for the baby, stuffed in our precious Prius? It took us an hour, inventive packing and a lot of cursing to get everything in there and get the trunk closed....and it barely closed! Almost had to put a shoulder into it to get it to latch completely! We couldn't see out the back and and available space in the backseat was taken.

We were packed FULL! We were all surprised that the car wasn't scraping bottom and my hubby predicted that our mileage was going to suck. But surprisingly, it didn't! Averaged 38 MPG the whole way!

And being the only one that knows how to drive by mirrors, I was elected to drive the whole 360 miles. Nice...

Annie

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Well, I suppose 38MPG doesn't suck compared to conventional cars, but it does suck for a Prius!

Glad it worked out though. For the load, that's not too shabby.