1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

page layout

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jkash, May 31, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry if this is too soon with the update and all, but the problem I was having before with the layout of the page being too big to fit in my computer's window is now worse. There is at least two inches of space I have to scroll to on the right to see everything on the page. Of course, this means I don't see what is on the left side of the page when have had to scroll to the right side of the page. I know this is non-issue for those of you setting your monitors to 1024 by 768, but it is when your monitor is set at 800 by 600. If I am the only one with this problem, no worries, I'll learn to deal with it.

Jeff

2. peart75

peart75 New Member

jeff,

although i run my monitor @ 1280*1024 i find myself in the same boat as you. i don't run my browser @ full screen, it takes up about 2/3 of the screen so i can have multiple programs running and within a click's reach. i also have about "2 inches" to scroll to the right to see the whole post. i am going to look at the preferences to see if i can get rid of the bar on the left, but ideally i'd like to just move it to the right hand side.

-drew

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I agree. It seems the Post Box isn't resizing with the browser window.

4. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    It's not just the post box, since it's too wide just for forum views too.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Even on my 19" monitor, and with the window stretched out to the full width of the screen, it does not fit. My suggestion is that all the stuff on the left side could be moved to the top or bottom, and then the minimum allowable width for the column with the text of the posts could be reduced.

On the old board (and other boards obviously using the same or similar software) that column expands or shrinks to fit into whatever window size the browser is in.

Another possibility would be to move the user name, avatar, & other info so it's above the text, rather than along the left.

6. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    I guess part of the issue is the avatars are so big here. But yeah, if the message width could resize automatically to a smaller minimum width that'd work great.

In any case, thanks to Danny for all the hard work! :)

7. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

You are also in for a surprise when you attempt to print the full screen. Can't be done.

8. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,

You are the man! It is much better now at 800x600. The View Posts since last visit still has some space on the right, but is not a big deal. When I click on any of the topics, it fits perfectly.

Thanks so much.

Jeff :lol:

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think my screen is 1024 x 768.

It works fine now.

Many thanks, Danny.

10. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Youre almost there. My screen is a samsung syncmaster 760V TFT 17" and needs about another inch or so. You can do it!

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here's something I've also noticed on other boards, so maybe there's no way to fix it:

Normally the width is fine, and to a point I can narrow my browser window and everything adjusts. But if someone posts a wide picture, it forces all the posts wide, and I have to scroll to read each line of every post. It would be nice (if there is a way to do it) to keep all posts at the default width, and allow only the wide post to go wide.

12. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The same thing happens when a long URL is posted. The entire section grows to the length of the URL.

Jeff

13. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Much better! Woo-hoo! Dan Da Man.

14. rydot

rydot New Member

Is it possible to give each post its own embedded table, so that if someone posts a wide picture (or URL), only that table forces horizontal scroll? (in theory, other posts would respect the browser window size?)

15. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hopefully that will be fixed within the next week or so. I finally found the setting to enable thumbnailing for when people post image attachments to their posts. That was getting on my nerves 8)