1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paid Marketing Research Participation

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by research101, Aug 2, 2010.

1. research101

research101 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Participants requested for a paid marketing research interview. This research interview involves you testing a futuristic automobile technology, and it will take place in Brooklyn, NYC. An interview will follow to ask your opinion about the automobile technology, and the whole interview will last about two and a half hours. Participants, who qualify the requirement (see below) will be paid $200-250 for the interview session.
    This research will end around Aug 31st.

Participant Requirements:
    Has to own one of the following cars
    (BMW Mini, Audi A3, PT Cruiser, Golf GTI, Honda Civic/fit, Scion TC, Mazda 3, VW Beetle, or Toyota Prius )

Reply, if interested, to research(at)sisinternational (dot) com
    >>> Couldn't use @ or . because of restriction. (at) is @ and (dot) is .

2. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    E-mail sent expressing interest. Ryan

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my daughter is in brooklyn, might be a good excuse for a visit!;)

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Email sent. Would we be allowed to share our experience of the research?

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Email sent to you (in response to your Private Message to me), expressing my interest in participating in your project.

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Boo, my experience with them is they are not professional. After I answer their questions twice in emails, they informed me that I don't qualify because I have 2006 model. The same exact gen as yours.

They also PM again after the email exchanges. I consider that SPAM! I believe it is against PC rule. Mods, feel free to jump in if it is not the case.

7. swi66

swi66 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm all the way across the state, near Buffalo.
    Too far for me!

8. DanMode

DanMode Brooklyn Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Will be participating in this survey and have already been qualified and given an appointment date of 9/21. Am very intrigued and interested in this research program.

9. DanMode

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    usbseawolf2000, the experience I had was quite different than yours. I was called on the phone by one of their representatives, and was given a qualifying questionnaire during my lunch break. After a few minutes, all was done, was given some information on what to bring with me for my appointment, and just awaiting further instructions to be sent to me in the next few days.

Perhaps you should try getting a hold of them by telephone?

10. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Where in Brooklyn is this place? I work in Bay Ridge and wouldn't mind going but dn't want to if it's out near Greenpoint or something like that...

11. DanMode

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey Paradox,

I'm not sure where the location is yet. I was told that I'll be getting an e-mail within the next few days regarding where the meeting will take place. My guess would be somewhere in the downtown area (DeKalb or Atlantic Ave.) I'll post up as soon as I get info.

Funny that you live in SI, and work in Bay Ridge. I live in Sheepshead Bay, and work in Perth Amboy NJ. Commute everyday across the Verrazano Bridge to the Outerbridge crossing. I probably see you sometime on the SI Expressway when I'm stuck in traffic. ;)

12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    How's the traffic going that direction in the morning? I actually live on the south shore so I take either Hylan or Capodanno to the bridge...

Thanks for posting up the info once you get it. If it isn't gonna be a horrible ride I'll try and call as well to get in on this.

13. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where do you all bring your Prii in to be serviced? What kind of experience do any of oyu have with Bay Ridge Toyota?

14. DanMode

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Paradox -- Well, I'm usually going against the typical traffic. But let me tell you, if in fact there is a slight accident (or worse), the Expressway going into 440 turns into a parking lot. There have been two occasions where I've been stuck for 3+hours :eek:!!! at a time. And since there's such a volume of cars that get caught, you can't drive around and go another way. It can be quite frustrating at times.

It would be great if by any chance to meet up with fellow Prius Chatters with this market research event. Haven't had a chance to chat with fellow members outside a chat window. :cool:

Ryanpl -- I actually don't service my Pri in the city. My folks have a house in Upstate, New York and I actually purchased and service my vehicle at Johnston's Toyota in Monticello. With the few times I've been there for regular maintenance (and one time for them to clear out the air intake because of debris caused by mice playing around with the cabin air filter), I've never went anywhere else. Their service is quite good, and I would highly recommend them to anyone near the area. Then again, it's about a good 90 miles away from the city! :eek:

As for Bay Ridge Toyota, I'm not familiar with them so I can't say.

15. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I've gone to Bay Ridge Toyota once for a service since it was convenient (I work like 5 minutes from it) and it wasn't all that bad but I am not crazy about the dealership itself. They washed the car which I would have rather they not done, but some people may like that. For purchasing and my other services I use Manfredi/Staten Island Toyota.

OMG you're not kidding about that split from the SI Exp. to 440, it can be killer! The worst is on a weekend escape coming home over the Goethals Bridge only to S-I-T on the expwy till Bradley avenue. Taking the streets aint much better either when its like that.

I'm going to look into and try calling tomorrow and see what's up with the research thing. I am going away soon so it may interfere but meeting others from PC would be great if possible!