1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint Damage and Warranty Resolution

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusHopeful, Aug 25, 2009.

1. PriusHopeful

PriusHopeful New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Bottom line: All's well that ends well.

About a month ago I noticed about 15 small paint chips outboard of black rubber strip on the roof. There were about 7-8 per side and all were nearly perfectly aligned with each other on the edge or corner of the slight ridge. They essentially made two near perfect lines.

There were no other chips in the roof, hood, or windshield.

The first service guy says I have paint chips from road damage and am just unlucky.

Then I talk with the service manager and start explaining probabilities, factorials etc. He starts to listen more closely but explains the Toyota rep will have to make any decision on warranty paint issues.

His third attempt at writing up my concern reads "vehicle has about 15 paint chips in two lines on the corner of the sailfin area. No other chips on roof, hood or windshield."

I return from vacation to find that the Toyota rep agrees that I have a valid paint issue and today I picked up my happy Pri from the body shop.

And who says you'll never use anything you learned in math classes?