1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint issues on my rear spoiler & door handles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sara Usher, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Sara Usher

Sara Usher Junior Member

I have peeling coating on the rear spoiler and the door handlesof my 2007. I called the dealership and was told it was past warranty. Any success getting anyone to pay for the repair?

2. wwinters

wwinters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 06 spoiler paint is in terrible shape. It's so far past warranty I don't think there is much chance of getting Toyota to pay for the repair.

3. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ours is faded and a little rough when you run your hand over it, too. Considering all the other makes and models on the road showing a lot worse wear on their paint jobs we think the Prius is actually in decent shape.

I just keep it thoroughly waxed and put it in the garage or shade every chance I get.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i got my dad to pay for mine, i don't feel i should have to take responsibility for anything, and i'm finding toyota is unwilling to stand behind their cars like other manufacturers.